Beautiful Red

Our journey to adopt Xiu Dan from Zhangshuo, Jiangxi Province, China.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The orphanage

Tomorrow we're taking a two-hour trip to Xiu Dan's orphanage in Zhangshu, a town so small, I can't find it on my map of China. It should be an interesting trip for all of us. Hopefully it won't be too traumatic for Xiu Dan. I'm praying it won't set us back on our bonding. We'll see.

We think it's important for us to take pictures of the orphanage for her so she can have that part of her life story when she gets older. We may or may not be able to go inside. Chinese officials are very guarded about their institutions, and the Chinese media never talks about orphans or adoption. Maybe that's why we get so many strange looks wherever we go in China...

5 Comments:

  • At 5/10/2006 07:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just got back from a trade show in Orlando so I am just catching up on your progress. Xiu Dan is absolutely beautiful! What a blessing to your family. And what a fantastic journey you've all had to get her. Thanks for all your efforts to make us all a part of your experience. Safe travels home.
    Love,
    Aunt Jane

     
  • At 5/10/2006 08:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so glad you will be able to go there. Can you have your facilitator ask them to let you keep holding her?
    We will pray for her as you make this trip.
    MOMMC

     
  • At 5/10/2006 08:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you can get some pictures, etc. to be able to show her later. I'm sure that will mean alot to her.

    Even if you are allowed to go inside, I wonder if you'd be better off having only one of you go in and take pictures and the other one keep her outside. I would think that would be really hard for her emotionally. Have a safe trip.
    Mom Bonham

     
  • At 5/10/2006 08:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on the significant digestive victory. Hooray for everyone.

    Blessings and peace upon you, as you visit the orphanage.

    God is good, and His goodness goes before you.

    Happy Mother's Day, upcoming, Kori.
    What a lovely memory you and Beautiful Red will share.

    Love.
    Carolyn

     
  • At 5/10/2006 09:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi all!

    my mom just sent me the blog address (I could not remember it :P ) I am very happy that you all were able to finally pick Xiu Dan up. She is adorable. I hope you all have a safe trip home and I am looking forward to meeting Xiu Dan when you all get home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home